The school has a school uniform, and we ask for your co-operation in ensuring that it is worn by all pupils. Please refer to the list when purchasing new items of clothing – if any amendments are made you will be notified officially, not by pupils claiming that ‘everyone else’ is wearing the latest fashion item!
If in doubt, please contact the school before making purchases, but in all cases the items referred to are standard ‘school uniform’ style – extremes of fashion are never acceptable for school life.
All items must be clearly named please. You can purchase uniform from the following suppliers:
Dorset Schoolwear – 01305 780700 for free delivery to school.
Dorset Printwear (DEP) – 01305 750292 for free delivery to school.
Items of school wear are widely available from a range of outlets and we do not specify particular brands.
- Smart grey or navy school trousers or knee-length shorts
- Navy or grey school skirt, skort, tunic, or culottes
- White ‘proper’ school shirt (i.e. not polo style)
- Bright red school tie
- Navy or bright red v-necked jumper or cardigan: plain, or with Radipole logo (available from Dorset Embroidery and Print / DEP)
- Plain, black, brown or navy low-heeled school shoes or plain, all-black, sensible trainers: not boots, branded or heavily-designed trainers or ‘strappy’ sandals. Please ensure your child can tie their own laces independently if they have lace-up shoes
- White socks or red or navy tights
- Red and white small-checked dresses (summer)
PE and Games
Children should come to school wearing their PE kit on PE days. For this reason, plain jogging bottoms and a top / hoody will be important for warmth. Please avoid sports gear with branding, printed designs or patterns.
- White t-shirt or polo shirt
- Navy shorts
- PE shoes: plain sports shoes / trainers. Please ensure either Velcro or that your child can tie their own laces if lace-up.
- Plain navy or red (school colours) sweatshirt / fleece / hoodie and jogging bottoms: plain or with Radipole logo (available from Dorset Embroidery and Print / DEP)
- One-piece swimming costume, swimming cap and towel (May onwards)
- P.E bag
- School ties – both elasticated and normal are also available at the school office, as are swimming caps with the school logo
- Sunhats may be worn in the summer. Red baseball caps with Radipole logo are available from Dorset Embroidery and Print / DEP
- Sweatshirts, fleeces, hoodies, polo shirts and trainers should only be worn for PE
- Jewellery and make-up are not permitted in school. A single pair of small studs in pierced ears may be tolerated but should not be worn for PE and swimming. No responsibility is accepted for any items of jewellery brought to school.
- Hair: styles should be sensible and neat and hair should be of natural colour. Long hair (below chin) should be tied back in school for safety.