This week, Year 6 have been joined by Stuart from The Safer Schools Community Team. Our discussion centred around on-line safety. Here is a summary of what we discussed:
- On-line chats should be positive.
- Think before sending a message.
- Everyone in Year 6 is above the age of criminal responsibility.
- Digital footprint are left by everything we do on-line.
- On-line bullying involves a range of behaviours: leaving someone out; being unkind; threatening; deliberately embarrassing someone; and using inappropriate language.
- Age limits are established by the creators of content.
- If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.
- The Nan Test: if you wouldn't share it with your nan, it isn't suitable.
Did you know 35% of the children said they wouldn't show their parents everything on their phones!